One of the best decisions you can make in caring for your home’s exterior is to install James Hardie Siding. This premium, durable, gorgeous brand of fiber cement siding will protect and beautify your home for years to come. But once you’ve made the great decision to go with Hardie siding, it’s time to choose the customization that fits your personal tastes and the design of your home — including color.
Hardie siding is unique in that you can select one of two excellent options for adding that pop of crisp, vibrant color to your house. There is the James Hardie Color Plus siding, which is pre-painted in the factory before being shipped to your dwelling. Then there is the Hardie Prime Plus siding, which is primed to be painted after installation. Both carry the reliable James Hardie siding guarantee.
So, which is the better option for your needs? While this choice ultimately comes down to weighing the pros and cons to find what best fits your home, we can offer some points to consider as you make this important decision.
The Benefits of James Hardie Color Plus Siding
As stated above, Color Plus siding is prepainted before ever being delivered to your home. This offers you several advantages:
- It saves time. Because the siding is already painted, there is no need to hire painters. Once the siding is installed, you’re done.
- It’s uniform and attractive. The painting is performed in a controlled environment using a computerized machine, resulting in a smooth, uniform finish. Many coats are applied, which results in a paint job that is especially long-lasting.
- It simplifies your choices. Traditional painting can involve browsing thousands of colors from many different paint brands before you come to a decision. Color Plus siding simplifies the process. You’ll still have plenty of colors to choose from, but you won’t have to consider and test out a variety of paint brands.
- It prevents messes. Paint can spill, causing stains in the most inconvenient places. But with prepainted Hardie siding, there’s no risk of a painting accident on your property.
The Benefits of James Hardie® Prime Plus Siding
Prime Plus Hardie siding comes out of the factory primed and ready to be painted after installation on your home. The benefits of using it include:
- More color choices are available. Because the siding will be painted upon installation, you have more freedom in the color and style of paint you use. This is great for homeowners who prefer unique or unusual colors.
- It’s budget friendly. Prime Plus siding and Color Plus siding are relatively close in price.
- Touch-up painting is easy. Even with Hardie siding’s durable nature, small nicks in paint can occur, and it may be hard to match the factory color. This is not a challenge with Hardie siding that is painted after installation.
- Seams are less noticeable. There is less chance that caulking will be noticeable if the siding is painted after installation.
Great Choices, Great Installation
Whether you opt for Color Plus or Prime Plus Hardie siding, we believe you are making an excellent choice with the James Hardie brand. Your Hardieplank siding is guaranteed with one of the best warranties in the home construction business, and it will be both durable and attractive for years to come.
As an Elite Preferred Remodeler with James Hardie, our team at John McCarter Construction takes great pride and satisfaction in offering top-notch workmanship and service for your Ann Arbor or metro Detroit area home. And we’re happy to answer your questions and help you make the right choice on siding for your home. Contact us anytime for a free siding consultation.