When your home isn’t as sunny as it should be, draftier than it needs to be, and looking a bit worn from the curb, window replacement may be a perfect solution. New windows offer a lot of benefits to your home — brightening up the inside, making your home stand out from the curb, and giving you long-lasting value.
Among the styles of windows available, fiberglass windows by Marvin® are a top choice for homeowners in and around Michigan. At John McCarter Construction, we’ve seen how Marvin fiberglass windows are giving homeowners the elegance, value, and performance they want. You’ll be proud of how they look and perform.
Here’s a look at how and why Marvin fiberglass windows may be the right choice for you.
Why Homeowners Enjoy New Windows
These signs it’s time for window replacement:
- Old and Outdated — Compare windows from the 1970s to newly manufactured ones, and you’ll see a huge improvement in style and effectiveness.
- Broken or Cracked — Windows in need of repair can cost more than you may think. Depending on how many are broken or cracked, the repair bill may approach the overall cost of new windows.
- Hard to Open and Close — Windows stuck in place are harder to clean than the more modern ones. And it’s impossible to make them look as nice as new ones.
- Glass that’s Stained or Scratched — Do your windows have permanent stains or scratches from years of wear and tear? New windows provide a makeover that gives a house curb appeal.
- Condensation — Condensation inside your windows and between glass panes can cause moisture damage, such as warped or rotted panes or frames. Water-damaged windows only get worse.
- Draftiness — According to the U.S. Department of Energy, you can save between 5-30 percent on energy simply by replacing those drafty windows.
- Locks that Don’t Work — Home security is important. Windows are an important first line of defense. A window that doesn’t lock is almost as bad as an open one.
Take a closer look at how to recognize when your home needs replacement windows.
Advantages of Choosing Fiberglass Replacement Windows
There are several types of windows, including wood, vinyl, and fiberglass. As the newest of these three materials, fiberglass may be a choice that offers a lot of benefits when you choose it for your Michigan home’s windows:
- Long-lasting — Fiberglass simply doesn’t corrode, rust, or warp like other materials. This means it doesn’t require a lot of maintenance to keep them looking like new, whatever the weather may throw their way.
- Strength — Compared to vinyl, fiberglass is nearly 10 times stronger. Also, fiberglass can handle larger panes of glass, giving you more natural lighting and better views.
- Security — Criminals prey on the easy house. The strength and durability of fiberglass frames make them a harder window to break into.
- Efficiency — With a heat conductivity 800 times less than aluminum windows, fiberglass frames will not expand and contract as much. This makes them more efficient and longer lasting.
- Noise Reduction — Neighborhoods can be busy and full of noise. Leave unwanted noise outside to keep life inside peaceful and relaxing.
- Style and Color — Fiberglass windows provide a great variety of style options. With many options, you’re sure to find a style you enjoy.
- Home Uplift — New fiberglass windows add charm to your entertainment spaces and improve your home’s full usability in every season.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind about Fiberglass Windows
To help you evaluate whether fiberglass windows are right for you, keep in mind these facts:
- Budget — Fiberglass windows are more expensive than vinyl, but they’re also more durable.
- Style — Although fiberglass has its advantages, some historic neighborhoods may only allow wood windows.
- Timing — Ordering fiberglass windows takes longer compared to traditional wood ones, because of manufacturing and delivery time needed. But the advantages make the wait worthwhile.
- Maintenance — Fiberglass is much easier to maintain than wood. Mold or dirt is easy to wipe off, keeping the windows looking like new.
Why Choose Marvin Windows?
Of course, there are several brands of windows, but our window contractor team prefers Marvin® fiberglass windows because of the advantages they offer homeowners:
- Performance — Marvin’s fiberglass windows are made with Ultrex®, a pultruded fiberglass patented decades ago by the company. This material outperforms and outlasts vinyl, aluminum, and other fiberglass brands.
- Satisfaction — Marvin’s Elevate window collection has been voted Best Fiberglass Windows by BUILDER Magazine year after year. Michigan homeowners love Marvin windows.
- Energy Efficiency — Neither heat nor cold will cause Marvin’s fiberglass to flex or sag, the way other materials can. This reduces leaks around a window’s perimeter and saves you on utilities.
- Durability — The strength of Marvin windows’ fiber-reinforced resin allows frames and sashes to be narrower and less bulky, all while remaining capable of resisting the elements.
Enjoy Beautiful Marvin Windows in Your Home
When you’re ready to consider window replacement for your Michigan home, Marvin windows installed by our pro window installation team is an excellent option. Our attention to detail and commitment to top service make it easy for you to enjoy new windows. Check out our gallery of remodeled homes for inspiration. And contact us to set up a free consultation and quote for Marvin fiberglass windows that brighten up your home.