Your siding should give you lasting results that look beautiful and keep your home protected. So, if your home exterior is looking lackluster or suffering from rot and other damage, it’s time to replace that old siding. Installing modern, stylish, durable siding can make you love your home all over again.
Enter the impressive, gorgeous, trusted performance from America’s #1 exterior product line—James Hardie siding. Here’s why so many homeowners love Hardie Board.
Pros of Hardie Board Siding
You’ll enjoy numerous advantages when you choose to upgrade your home exterior with replacement siding from James Hardie.
Hardie Board siding is built to endure, and it’s proven to last as much as 50 years when properly installed and maintained.
- Stands up to weather — Hardie’s fiber cement makeup resists strong rain, hail, ice storms, violent winds, snow, and intense humidity.
- Designed for your region — Choose the products created and tested to last in your area — HZ5® is perfect for Michigan’s freezing temperatures, snow and ice.
- Resists moisture — Hardie Board doesn’t suffer moisture damage, preventing the rotting, swelling, and warping that wood siding can suffer from.
- Avoids damage — The resiliency of fiber cement makes Hardie Board siding less likely to crack or dent from heavy impacts from hail, tree limbs, and other debris.
Eye-Catching Curb Appeal
A beautiful home catches the eyes of passersby. Hardie Board siding keeps your home looking stunning.
- Great with any architectural style — With its versatile styles and colors, James Hardie can recreate the look of wood siding found on Victorian, Tudor, or other traditional styles homes.
- Mimics wood beautifully — James Hardie siding sets itself apart by designing grooves and grain in every board. It keeps its wood-like appearance for a long time, without the expensive maintenance and decay found in real wood.
If you enjoy beautiful, lasting pops of color on your home exterior, you’ll love Hardie Board siding.
- Doesn’t easily fade — Other types of siding lose their luster fast. But James Hardie’s baked-on ColorPlus Technology® coats layers of paint onto the siding in a controlled factory setting for looks that stay gorgeous for years.
- UV resistant — Unlike vinyl, which fades and gets discolored due to sun exposure, Hardie Board siding resists the sun’s rays and stays consistent in color.
Resistance to Pests
While other homeowners are looking for ways to protect their house from pests, using James Hardie means you’re protected.
- Doesn’t attract pests — Fiber cement is unappealing to living creatures—meaning carpenter ants, termites and pesky woodpeckers all leave it alone.
- Saves you money — Termites alone do around $5 billion of damage to U.S. homes every year. You don’t have to worry about that expense, because James Hardie siding stands up against pest infestation.
It gives homeowners peace of mind when a company is willing to back up their products the way James Hardie does.
- Warranty on siding — James Hardie fiber cement siding is so reliable, it comes with a 30-year, transferable, non-prorated warranty.
- Warranty on color — ColorPlus Hardie siding comes with a 15-year, transferable, non-prorated warranty.
A major concern for many homeowners is how safe their siding is in case of emergencies—like a fire. James Hardie shines in this category.
- Excellent fire rating — Since fiber cement siding doesn’t easily burn or melt, it’s rated noncombustible. It doesn’t add fuel to a fire, as wood does.
- Insurance benefits — Many insurance companies give discounts to homeowners with Hardie Board siding because of its resistance to fire.
James Hardie has gone to great lengths to help keep our communities clean and planet safe while manufacturing lasting siding products.
- Endures the tests of time — Since it lasts so long, James Hardie siding doesn’t need frequent replacement, so it puts less material in landfills.
- Eco-friendly materials — Made from sustainable raw materials, James Hardie siding is the greenest siding brand in the world.
- Less pollution — Baked-on ColorPlus Technology adds up to less onsite paint jobs, reducing exposure to volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and lowering air pollution.
- Sustainable practices — The water used during the production of Hardie siding is reused up to four times, which helps eliminate water waste.
Hardie Board siding requires minimal maintenance year-round.
Simple yearly cleaning — A simple garden hose and a medium bristle nylon brush is all you need to clean it once or twice a year.
With James Hardie’s certification program, you’ll be assured you’re getting a siding company that knows what they’re doing.
Superior results — We’re an Elite Preferred James Hardie Contractor—the top rating—assuring you of topnotch installation that safeguards your warranties.
[INSERT INFORMATION BOX WITH PILLAR LINK: https://johnmccarterconstruction.com/james-hardie-siding-guide/ ]
Cons of Hardie Board Siding
There aren’t a lot of downsides to choosing James Hardie products for your siding replacement. But there are a few considerations to keep in mind as you plan your home exterior renovations.
Hardie Board installation is a detailed and intensive process, so it has a greater upfront cost than some other siding products. However, its overall lifespan balances out this cost, making James Hardie siding more than worth the investment.
Longer Installation Process
Hardie Board siding is sturdier, and heavier, than other products, requiring a larger team and more time to install. You’ll want to choose a James Hardie trained siding company for optimal installation. The result is a much longer-lasting home exterior.
Repainting after 15 Years
Although Hardie Board siding needs to be repainted after about 15 years, the color still lasts much longer than wood, which needs repainting every 3-5 years.
Get Lasting Siding You’ll Love for Years to Come
When it’s time for a siding replacement to boost your home’s appearance and give you long-lasting protection, James Hardie fiber cement siding can’t be beat. You’ll love how beautiful it is and how well it endures the tests of time.
Our team will create an elegant look for your home. Learn more about our Hardie siding installation process, and let us know how we can help!