Homeowners Love the Results of Hardie Siding Replacement
A gorgeous, lasting home exterior is something every home needs. So, when it’s time for siding replacement, it is well worth choosing a siding that provides the most benefits to you. Curb appeal, resistance to the elements, customizability—all these advantages and more are yours when you install America’s #1 choice for home exteriors, top-performing Hardie Board siding.
Also known as James Hardie siding, HardiPlank siding, or fiber cement siding, this versatile material is both attractive and sturdy. Its reliability and added value have led over 8,000,000 homeowners throughout the country to choose Hardie Board. Here’s a closer look at how James Hardie siding can benefit your home for decades of pure enjoyment.
How Hardie Board Siding Compares to Other Materials
In a nutshell, the advantages of Hardie Board siding comes from its unique makeup. Made of fiber cement—a blend of Portland cement, sand, cellulose fiber and water—James Hardie siding can mimic the look of wood and stucco without the endless upkeep. It lasts longer than other materials and keeps its striking beauty, making it an enduring upgrade that doesn’t need constant tending or frequent replacing.
By comparison, wood is classic but highly vulnerable to time and weather. It requires painting or staining every 3-5 years and must be closely guarded against rot and pests. Vinyl siding is more vulnerable to sun and heat than fiber cement, and it isn’t as versatile or as durable. Fiber cement siding outdoes vinyl siding every time.
6 Benefits that Are Unique to James Hardie Siding
1. Impressively Durable Siding
The fiber cement makeup of Hardie Board creates outstanding long-term durability.
- Wood can rot, wear down, and be damaged by rain, snow, and pests.
- Vinyl fades in sunlight and is easily dented by hail and other debris.
- Hardie siding stays beautiful and resists hail, moisture, termites, woodpeckers, and more.
James Hardie siding lasts 30-50 years when properly installed according to the Hardie company’s strict guidelines. As a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor, our team is in the top tier of Hardie installers. We do precision work so you can enjoy the full benefits of James Hardie’s industry-leading warranty.
2. Green and Sustainable Siding
With its ability to last for decades, Hardie Board siding is replaced less frequently than other materials.
- Wood can rot, requiring siding replacement more often—which means cutting down more trees to supply the lumber.
- Vinyl siding requires the use of fossil fuels in its manufacturing, and frequent vinyl siding replacement adds to landfills.
- Fiber cement is made up of environmentally friendly, nontoxic components. It lasts so long that it doesn’t end up as frequently in landfills.
If an eco-friendly home exterior is important to you, then Hardie siding is an excellent option to consider.
3. Siding Engineered for Your Specific Climate
With over 100 years of experimentation and craftsmanship, Hardie Board siding offers many industry-leading features—including its Engineered for Climate® technology.
- HZ5 products stand up well against snow, cold and ice—making it great for areas like Ann Arbor and Detroit.
- HZ10 products are made to withstand heat, strong sun, torrential rains and hurricane-force winds.
James Hardie siding fits the specific climate where you live, giving you peace of mind that it will endure even the toughest of weather elements and keep your home safe and sound.
4. Stylish on Any Ann Arbor Home Architecture
Durable James Hardie siding is more than strong—it’s also stylish and versatile. No matter what type of architecture your Michigan home has, there’s a Hardie Board style to fit.
- Hardie Board’s ability to mimic wood grain lends an authentic look to historic Tudor and Victorian homes.
- Mixing and matching Hardie siding styles is great for creating a board-and-batten look for Craftsman and Ranch homes.
- Have a home that is Greek Revival, Queen Ann or Cape Cod? Not to worry—Hardie has options for you as well. Anything is possible with Hardie Board siding.
Choose from a variety of styles: attractive HardiePlank lap siding, striking vertical HardiePanel siding, fashionable HardieShingle siding, and final touches from HardieSoffitt and HardieTrim.
5. Eye-Catching Siding Colors
Hardie Board siding comes in so many options, you’re sure to find the perfect color to complement your home. With James Hardie’s patented ColorPlus® Technology, color is baked onto the siding in layers in the factory to create vibrant looks that last up to 15 years under warranty.
- Statement Collection — Features the most popular color schemes in Ann Arbor and other areas of Michigan, stocked locally for ease of installation.
- Dream Collection — Includes over 700 custom shades to choose from, giving you great flexibility for any style of architecture.
And if you prefer to paint after siding replacement installation takes place, you can opt for Hardie Board’s pre-primed siding and enjoy the satisfaction of getting the exact look you desire.
6. Lasting Value
Due to its long-lasting nature, James Hardie siding replacement provides great return on your investment in your home.
- Hardie Board is rated noncombustible, so it won’t add fuel to a fire. This advantage is often discounted on home insurance policies.
- Hardie Board siding needs little to no care other than painting after about 15 years, saving you in maintenance costs.
- James Hardie siding lasts 30-50 years, meaning it may be the only time you ever replace your siding.
Homebuyers love seeing James Hardie siding on a home—boosting its resale value and giving you peace of mind.
Expert Siding Replacement Provides a Lasting Home Exterior
Attractive Hardie Board siding gives you confidence in your home exterior for decades. Eliminate the stress of constant upkeep, and enjoy James Hardie siding’s low-maintenance performance.
Our experienced siding pros make it simple to enjoy your home siding replacement.
- We walk you through your options so you love your choice in siding.
- We communicate clearly so you know exactly what to expect.
- We do precision installations so you enjoy your siding for years to come.
It’s easy to get started. Contact us for a free consultation—and be proud of your home siding all over again.